Governors are like a Board of Directors and make decisions about how the school is run. They have legal duties, powers and responsibilities. They can only act together, they cannot act individually.
Governing Body Structure
|Vice Chair||Youssef El-Dada|
|Headteacher Governor||Ruth Hall|
|Staff Governor||Rosie Clemson|
|Local Authority Governors||Simon Ling|
Andrea De Vincentiis
The Governing Body serves through the following committees
|CURRICULUM & LEARNING||
Andrea De Vincentiis
WEST ASHTEAD GOVERNING BODY STRUCTURE SEPTEMBER 2018 – AUGUST 2019
The Governing Body of West Ashtead Primary School comprises 11 full members and one Associate member.
GB Core Functions
- Ensuring Clarity of Vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding the HT to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils and the performance management of staff
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent
Curriculum & Learning
Youssef El-Dada (Chair)
Ruth Hall -- HT
Resources Committees :
Simon Ling (Chair)
Ruth Hall– HT
Andrea de Vincentiis
*Working groups will be formed as and when necessary to progress identified strategic projects.
HT Appraisal Pay Committee Pay Appeals
Kimberly Elms Kimberly Elms Youssef El-Dada
Simon Ling Pauline Russell
GB Focus Areas
Governor focus for summer/autumn 2017 is to
To ensure that the systems and best practice procedures are in place to enable:
- The level and progress of pupils can be effectively assessed, focusing on maths, writing, reading.
- All adults, including teaching assistants, have the skills and knowledge to support and extend pupils’ learning well
- All pupils, including the most able, have timely opportunities to deepen and broaden their understanding in a wide range of subjects
- The school’s systems of marking and feedback are refined so that pupils are more involved in improving their work.
- Understanding pupil premium funding and evidence that pupil premium is being used effectively to overcome barriers to learning
The Lead Governor will gain an understanding of the area by working with the lead teacher and as part of that have an initial meeting which will enable the governor to answer the following three questions:
- What is the focus and why?
- What are we doing to close the gaps/improve outcomes?
- What has been the difference in learning?
Learning walks will be undertaken to identify evidence and a report written and submitted to Full GB for an update.
Key monitoring data/documents
Monitoring Data/Reporting Committee Ownership & scrutiny Link Governor
Performance Data Strategic/FGB Head Teacher
5 Year Strategic Plan Strategic/FGB Head Teacher
National Standards Strategic/FGB Head Teacher
Statutory Policies FGB Bursar/Martin Walden
Safeguarding/Behaviour FGB Simon Ling
Five Year Strategic Plan FGB Head Teacher
One Year Development Plan FGB Head Teacher
School Visits - FGB Chair/All Governors
Annual Development Plan FGB/Resources Head Teacher/Simon Ling
Performance Management Resources Head Teacher
Health & Safety/Premises Resources Michael Hall
Stakeholder Engagement Resources Andrea de Vicentiis
Progress & Assessment C&L HT/Youssef El-dada/Kim Elms
SEND Pupils C&L Pauline Russell (temp)
Pupil premium C&L
English/Reading C&L Pauline Russell
Maths C&L Kim Elms
Pupil Voice C&L
More Abled C&L