CORONAVIRUS – ADVICE FROM THE DEPARTMENT FOR EDUCATION
New National restrictions have come into place as of the 5th January 2021. The school will remain open throughout this period, to Critical Worker and vulnerable Children
The latest information on these new measures can be found at: How to stay safe and help prevent the spread
Information and advice for parents:
Up to date guidance for parents can be found on the following websites:
What to do if your child displays symptoms of COVID-19
Please do not send your child to school if they or someone in your household is displaying symptoms of COVID- 19 or has been asked to isolate by Track ad Trace. The common symptoms are as follows:
- New, continuous cough
- High temperature
- Loss or change in their normal sense of taste or smell
Please follow the isolation and testing guidance: Stay at Home Guidance
We would ask that you contact the school to confirm the reason for child's absence. Please also contact the school with the outcome of testing.
What action you can take to stop the spread of COVID-19
A UK-wide campaign has been launched to provide clear advice on how to slow the spread of Coronavirus.
Please help to support the campaign which promotes basic hygiene practices:
- Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze. Then bin the tissue, and wash your hands, or use a sanitiser gel.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after using public transport. Use a sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- Wear a mask as per Government guidance
Information: helpline to answer questions about COVID-19 related to education
The Department for Education has launched a new helpline to answer questions about COVID-19 related to education. Staff, parents and young people can contact the helpline as follows:
- phone: 0800 046 8687
- email: DfE.firstname.lastname@example.org
The opening hours are 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday).